Sunday, September 19, 2010

Bowl Predictions Week 3

Every week I will be putting up an updated bowl prediction out there. It will include all the BCS and Big Ten bowls. Every few weeks I will include all of the bowls. The selection order for the BCS is

1) National Championship
2) National Championship
3) Bowl that lost a representative to the first NC pick
4) Bowl that lost a representative to the second NC pick
5) Sugar Bowl
6) Orange Bowl
7) Fiesta Bowl

Remember that the Rose Bowl, if it loses the Big Ten or Pac 10 representative must take the first non-AQ school.


 BCS National Championship: Ohio State v. Alabama

I still haven't seen a team I think is capable of beating the Tide, but that also mayb ea factor of competition.  Ohio State is here until someone else proves they are worthy of this spot.

Rose Bowl Game: TCU vs. Oregon
TCU undefeated is going to be ranked higher i nthe computer polls than a potentially unbeaten Boise State so I think they will make the Rose Bowl if they can get past Utah.  Oregon continues to dominate lesser competition but only one or two teams in the Pac 10 look like they even have a shot at the Ducks.
Sugar Bowl: Florida v. Oklahoma
Nothing has changed with Florida, they still remain the favorite to win the SEC East and that puts them here.  Oklahoma remains inconsistent and I just can't put them higher because of that.

Orange Bowl: Miami v. Boise State

The Broncos get the nod since right now their just doesn't appear to be an at large BCS team that would be worth passing them for.  I am sticking with Miami as my ACC champion despite a nice rebound win by my preseason favorite Georgia Tech.

Fiesta Bowl: Nebraska v. South Florida

The Huskers made a huge statement and that cements them here for the week.  The Bulls are still my pick to win the Big East despite the surge that the Mountaineers are showing.  We will see if West Virginia can break in here once they get into Big East play.

Capital One Bowl: Iowa v. Auburn
Nobody else in the SEC outside of the BCS teams really impresses and I am picking Auburn over LSU since I don't trust Les Miles in the long run.  Iowa looked bad on Saturday but I still think they are the second best team in the Big Ten since nobody else is impressing.

Outback Bowl: Michigan State v. South Carolina

Playing Furman doesn't tell me anything about the Gamecocks and I want to get a closer look before I move them either way.  MSU beat a hungry Notre Dame team Saturday but the Spartans are going to have to play better on defense to avoid slipping.

Gator Bowl: Wisconsin v. Arkansas

The Badgers are having health problems and it could mean they have issues on the road this season, not good since they have trips to the Michigan schools and Iowa on the slate.  The Hogs were challenged in Athens Saturday but their win allows them to replace Georgia here in the selections this week.

Insight Bowl: Michigan v. Kansas State

The Wildcats jump Mizzou in the rankings based on the quality of their wins on Saturday.  Michigan is still a question coming into Big Ten play but I think they can snag at least two wins in conference play which should be enough to jump some teams into the Insight Bowl.

Texas Bowl: Penn State v. Oklahoma State

The Nittany Lions were accidentaly absent from my bowl picks last week but they return here.  The Cowboys are quietly playing pretty good football and I think they manage to jump into this spot.

Dallas Football Classic: Northwestern v. Maryland

Northwestern falls here more on the fact that the schools ahead of them are all locks for larger crowds and better television rankings.  The Terrapins remain here after an expected loss to West Virginia Saturday.


Little Caesers Pizza Pizza Bowl: Indiana v. Western Michigan

The Big Ten is finally represented in all the bowls this week.  The Hoosiers had a slow week off the bye but I still think they will be better than the banged up squad Purdue will bring into Big Ten play.  Temple will still probably win the MAC but the Pizza bowl is not required to go with the champion and I think they go with the more local team.

No comments:

Post a Comment