Thursday, March 3, 2011

Big Ten Tournament Tips Off



More after the jump


I wanted to share the video because I think Stephanie White makes a great point.  Northwestern is not a team that should be taken lightly in this tournament.  I still don't think they can get past Michigan State, but there is certainly some upset potential there.

With that said lets look at the games for today:

Purdue v. Indiana: Unless you are watching on TV this game, and the rest I believe, are about as inaccessible as you can get.  Really BTN?  Not game cast?  Not even ESPN has anything allowing me to catch pieces of this broadcast online.  I am sure I could find the radio feed online but I don't want to work that hard on this.  Purdue should win this but Twitter indicates they are down a little early.  I fully expect the Boilermakers to make a run at some point.  Indiana is improved but they are still a bad team and Purdue should win this easily.  Iowa has no real rooting interest hear since the Boilers are on the other side of the bracket and will probably play PSU and Michigan in the next two rounds.  Still, if you really want to hate on the rival Boilers you are more than welcome to do so.  Go Hoosiers.

Wisconsin v. Illinois: This could go either way, but I will never pick the Illini to win.  Michigan practically gift-wrapped their last game in Campaign and the Illini responded by fouling everyone in sight and turning the ball over.  Wisconsin is banged up and won't survive very long but they have enough scorers to escape Illinois.

Northwestern v. Minnesota: White is right in that Northwestern gives us the best chance to see MSU fall in the first round, but frankly I just can't see it.  Minnesota isn't completely terrible and they could beat the Cats in this round if NW isn't hitting their three pointers (If you have never seen the Northwestern women play, thinking of the way their men play will give you a rough sketch of what they do offensively).  I am going with Northwestern because I hate Minnesota and because the Wildcats could maybe upset Sparty, but the winner of this game probably plays their last game tomorrow.

I will post a brief recap tonight before I hit the road for Indy tomorrow but I won't be back until Iowa losses.  So hopefully not until Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment