Sunday, October 10, 2010

Bowl Predictions Week 6

Every week I will be putting up an updated bowl prediction out there. It will include all the BCS and Big Ten bowls. Every few weeks I will include all of the bowls. The selection order for the BCS is

1) National Championship
2) National Championship
3) Bowl that lost a representative to the first NC pick
4) Bowl that lost a representative to the second NC pick
5) Sugar Bowl
6) Orange Bowl
7) Fiesta Bowl

Remember that the Rose Bowl, if it loses the Big Ten or Pac 10 representative must take the first non-AQ school.


BCS National Championship: Oregon v. Alabama

I still think Oregon makes their way through the regular season undefeated.  The Crimson Tide's loss was a setback but the only way an SEC team does not make the title game is if Ohio State or Nebraska is also undefeated and I don't see that happening.

Rose Bowl Game: Boise State vs. Ohio State

boise State looks like the team to beat in the non-AQ with Utah and TCU both on a collision course.  Ohio State needs to lose before I knock them down here.

Sugar Bowl: LSU v. Oklahoma
The Tigers win over Florida gives them a great shot at finishingwith ten or more wins. If they can take care of buisness against the rest of the SEC West then they ould jump into the Sugar Bowl.  The Sooners remain unbeaten and I think they endup here with only one loss in the regular season.

Orange Bowl: Florida State v. West Virginia

The Orange has to choose between a non-AQand a Big East team.  Thankfully,the Mountaineers have a decent fanbase and name recognition so the bowl will go with them to face the ACC champion Seminoles.

Fiesta Bowl: Nebraska v. TCU

I am not a fan of giving two BCS berths to non AQ schools but with the precedent set I think we will see an expectation that a second undefeated team get in.  I believe that will be the Horned Frogs and they will take on the Big XII Champion Huskers in the Fiesta Bowl.

Capital One Bowl: Iowa v. Florida

I don't know Florida will lose again in the regular season which means that they likely land here with a loss in the SEC title game.  I want to see how the Hawkeyes perform against Michigan and how Ohio State performs against Wisconsin before I reconsider the at-large BCS bids for the Big Ten.

Outback Bowl: Michigan State v. South Carolina

This one doesn't change at all after impressive wins by both squads.  MSU still likely doesn't jump Iowa since I see them losing that game and the fanbase for Sparty doesn't travel to bowl games as well as the Hawkeye fans.

Gator Bowl: Michigan v. Kentucky

Despite the loss, I still think the Maize and Blue has a shot at an eight or nine win season which would put them here.  I think the Wildcats will end up with around six or seven wins so they will likely get taken here.
Insight Bowl: Wisconsin v. Texas A&M
The Aggies get jumped by Oklahoma State and that drops them to here.  Wisconsin had a positive weekend but the Badgers will only go up if they can somehow scratch out wins in the next two weeks when they face Ohio State and Iowa.

 
Texas Bowl: Northwestern v. Kansas State
KSU gets jumped by Missouri in my bowl selections while Northwestern jumps Penn State.  No the Big Ten Wildcats didn't look good against Purdue Saturday but I still think they will be able to scrap out seven wins.

 
Dallas Football Classic: Penn State v. Texas Tech

I have the Red Raiders and Nittany Lions each scraping out six wins to get here.  The Raiders represent the last Big XII selection with Colorado going to the Pinstripe Bowl in New York.

Little Caesers Pizza Pizza Bowl: Indiana v. Western Michigan

Again, I think the Hoosiers manage to scrape out six wins and jump into the final Big Ten bowl slot.  Western Michigan continues to represent the MAC for my selections since the Pizza Bowl does not nesscesarily have to choose the MAC champion.

No comments:

Post a Comment