Sunday, October 17, 2010

Bowl Predictions: Week 7

Every week I will be putting up an updated bowl prediction out there. It will include all the BCS and Big Ten bowls. Every few weeks I will include all of the bowls. The selection order for the BCS is


1) National Championship
2) National Championship
3) Bowl that lost a representative to the first NC pick
4) Bowl that lost a representative to the second NC pick
5) Sugar Bowl
6) Orange Bowl
7) Fiesta Bowl

Remember that the Rose Bowl, if it loses the Big Ten or Pac 10 representative must take the first non-AQ school.

BCS National Championship: Oregon v. Alabama

Oregon had a bye week and I still haven't changed my opinion on them going undefeated.  Unless Oklahoma goes undefeated I have to stick with the Crimson Tide.  I think the Tide has a better squad than either LSU or Auburn so they will represent the SEC in the title game.

Rose Bowl Game: Ohio State v. Boise State

Boise State won't get a big bump anymore after Nevada lost to Hawaii, but I am starting to question whether TCU and Utah will finish undefeated so I will put the Broncos here.  yes the Buckeyes lost, but if they win out and Iowa takes care of buisness against Sparty they will return to Pasadena.

Sugar Bowl: LSU v. Oklahoma

LSU isn't flashy but I think their defense gives them the edge over Auburn and that puts them here.  The Sooners remain my at-large choice since I think they will lose the Big XII Championship Game.

Orange Bowl: Florida State v. Iowa

Florida State won again this weekend and looks to have a pretty winnable schedule through the rest of ACC play.  I am fairly sure the Hawkeyes will beat Sparty and considering the Orange Bowl's relationship with Iowa (selected over Penn State last year, sent five rep's to Kinnick for homecoming this year) I think the Hawkeyes will jump the Spartans even if MSU finishes 11-1.

Fiesta Bowl: Nebraska v. West Virginia

I know I have had TCU here for a while but I continue to be convinced that they will fall to Utah who will then lose the next week at Notre Dame.  If that happens I think the Big East Champ will end up here against the Big XII champ.  Nebraska lost to Texas but if they continue to run through the North it won't matter and I think they end up here.

Capital One Bowl: Michigan State v. Auburn

I think Auburn is the odd man out of the three top SEC West teams and that plops them here.  MSU has to beat Iowa to lock down a BCS bid but I don't think that will happen.  I wouldn't be surprised if MSU lost to the Hawkeyes and someone else before the season finished.

Outback Bowl: Wisconsin v. Florida

Florida has been extremely dissapointing but a win over South Carolina in the Swamp will make them the best in the East and that puts them here.  I think Wisconsin drops a game or two still this season and that makes them prime candidates to fill the Big Ten's bid here.

Gator Bowl: Michigan v. Mississippi State
I picked Michigan here last week and that was in anticipation of them losing Saturday.  the Bulldogs huge win over Florida last week moves them up in my bowl selection with three or four winnable games left on the schedule.

Insight Bowl: Northwestern v. Missouri

Northwestern has a deceptively difficult road ahead of them and i think they will drop a couple games.  Nonetheless, I think they still stand above the bottom of the pack.  Missouri lands here as the second best squad from the Big XII North.

Texas Bowl: Purdue v. Texas A&M

I think the Boilermakers end up here after a stronger Big Ten season.  I feel like Purdue, Illinois, and Indiana all have a shot at 6-6 which means they will be sorted out by the bottom three bowls.  Purdue gets the nod because of a stronger set of wins in Big Ten play.

Dallas Football Classic: Illinois v. Baylor

The Illini get the second to last nod with an impressive win over Penn State on their resumer plus a potentially larger fan following in Texas.  The Bears jump in here for now but the bottom of the Big XII is still very murky.

Little Caesers Pizza Pizza Bowl: Indiana v. Northern Illinois

The Hoosiers are still capable of scrapping out six wins and I think that puts them here.  Northern Illinois has an easy ride through the rest of the MAC and even if they drop a championship game rematch with Temple I think they get the picked up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment